Hello everyone – sorry for the radio silence these past few weeks. I have had an unusually busy summer – which included a week vacation in my new favorite city – PARIS!
I had never been to France before so had no idea what to expect, other than some feedback from others who either hated or loved it. I am lucky that my SO is fluent in French, so I didn’t have the extra pressure of not speaking the language.
I had a great time, I love the city, I love the people, I love the food, and I love the wine (like really love the wine). I could not get enough of the fashion and style. North America is definitely behind Europe in terms of beauty and fashion.
- Stop rushing and take your time getting from A-B. We found so many great café’s and shops just by taking our time and walking to our planned destination. Had we taken a taxi we would have missed out on so much.
- Eat to enjoy and enjoy eating. Eating is a social thing, and meals should take no less than 2 hours. Eat what you want (screw dieting) and make it an event. You will be more satisfied I promise.
- Spend the extra few dollars on a better bottle of wine. Life is too short to have a mediocre glass.
- Unplug and take time to appreciate art. Art – such as theatre, music, fine art, literature – is all around us begging to be appreciated. Taking time away from our devices to embrace art and culture will only make us better. Trust me; the internet will be there when you get back.
- Dress to impress … YOURSELF. Using your outer-self to express your inner-self is powerful. When I look good, I feel good. When I look sloppy, I feel sloppy. No more shortchanging myself by being thoughtless about my wardrobe and lazy with my beauty routine.
If you have never been to Paris, I suggest you give it a shot. If you have other vacation destination suggestions please let me know, because now that this vacation has ended I am looking for my next adventure.