Mascara is an important part of my life-it’s a rare day that you find me without at least 1 coat on my lashes. All things being equal I usually choose a Maybelline mascara at the drug store (usually there is one on sale) as I find consistent quality for the price point. Right now I am using 2 – The Falsies Push Up Drama and Volum’ Express the Colossal and thought why not compare the them
- Cup-shaped bristles lift lashes while creamy, plumping formula gives instant volume and holds lashes in place
- Creamy, plumping formula delivers instant volume and holds the curl in place while the Push Up Cup Brush scoops and lifts from root to tip
- Lashes look lengthened for a dramatic eye look
- Achieve colossal lashes in just one coat thanks to a collagen formula and Mega Brush
- The volume-plumping formula contains collagen and the Mega Brush instantly achieves 9X the volume, all without any clumps
- Instantly plumps lashes for dramatic volume, without clumps
According to Me
The Falsie’s Push Up Drama is a great mascara. It it darker than the Volum’ Express the Colossal and gives a more dramatic, longer lash look. Very good for a dark smokey eye look on a girls night out! My only complaint is that it clumps and smudges really easy. I often have to use q-tip to fix it right off the start, and part way through the day. So my verdict is good for a night out of fun, but not one for every day wear.
So if you haven’t guessed Volum’ Express the Colossal is my regular go to mascara. When they say it’s clump free, they really mean it’s clump free. All I need is 2 coats on my lashes and I’m good for the entire day. That fact that it retails around $9 makes even more wonderful!