So the New Year is around the corner – and I think the world will breathe a sigh of relief that 2016 has come to an end. Maybe I am just more aware of the news, but 2016 really seemed to have a lot of bad news!
Like so many other people, the start of a New Year is a point in time that I try and reflect and make resolutions to try and improve upon myself. Sometimes I stick to the resolutions – sometimes I don’t even get 24hrs into the year before breaking them.
I think the point is to take the time to reflect on yourself, be honest with who you are, and then try to make steps to change habits to lead you in the direction you want to go.
So this year I am going to publicly declare my resolutions (with full intention of sticking to them):
- Making sure all my make-up is off and my face is clean before going to bed. THIS INCLUDES YOU TOO MASCARA.
- Flossing every day because dental hygiene is probably important – and thinking about food particles taking up residence between my teeth is gross
- Get myself back into shape! I have been pretty lazy the past couple of years. I am going to do 30min of activity 3 days per week (on top of my summer bicycle commute to work) *moment of truth this is always on my resolution lists*
- Relaxation and Sleep. I need to get into the habit of turning my brain off and getting 8hrs of sleep. Nightly bubble baths and reading before bed (instead of TV or working right up until midnight) should help me achieve this
- Take a moment every day to be grateful and thankful for something. Happiness is a mindset, and having more gratitude in my life can only improve upon it
I am entering 2017 with optimism and enthusiasm. Also doesn’t hurt that I have a vacation scheduled early in the year!
Let me know what your resolutions are by commenting below.