As I have mentioned before ( and will mention again) I am part of Chick Advisors Product Review Club -which means that I get the chance to try out products that I might otherwise never try (however being sent products in no way influences my opinion and reviews). A few weeks back I was given the following products from Simple Skincare: Micellar Make-Up Remover Wipes, Micellar Cleansing Water, Replenishing Rich Moisturizer.
Micellar Make-Up Remover Wipes – According to Simple
- Cleanse your face easily, with skin-loving ingredients and multi-vitamins.
- Skin is left feeling clean, instantly refreshed and hydrated.
Micellar Make-Up Remover Wipes – According to Me
I’m not sure why “cleanse” is in the description from Simple Skincare – I don’t think these wipes are effective cleansers. However they are super effective make-up remover wipes!
They feel like baby wipes, so are easy to get into the corner and creases of your eye. The size is great to take off all your makeup from liner, to mascara, to brow color to foundation. I just need 1 wipe to get my full face of make-up off.
However after all my make-up has been removed – I still feel like I need a proper cleanser.
Micellar Cleansing Water – According to Simple
- Our Cleansing Micellar Water is a perfect blend of multi-vitamins, skin loving ingredients and gentle cleansers to cleanse the skin while removing make-up
- Skin is left feeling clean and hydrated
- Apply a generous amount to a cotton pad, Wipe the cotton pad all around the face, no need to rub the skin, Gently wipe around closed eyes, avoid getting into your eyes, no need to rinse after!
Micellar Cleansing Water – According to Me
Once I got over the no need to rinse part I started to really love this product. I’m a creature of habit so it took a bit to adjust to a different type of facial cleansing routine. I don’t think this is something that can be used as your sole facial cleanser. It’s great for your make-up free morning face, or after a work out. But I think a more traditional cleanser is still required for a face that had make-up on it or is visibly soiled (i.e. wouldn’t have been effective after my mud run).
My skin really likes it – and it is very gentle. Also I love how easy and quick it is – and given that I am ALWAYS running late every second counts for me in the mornings.
Replenishing Rich Moisturizer – According to Simple
- Instantly doubles skin’s hydration; leaves your skin replenished and hydrates all day long
- A perfect blend of our purest possible skin loving ingredients with an added vitamin
Replenishing Rich Moisturizer – According to Me
This was my least favorite of the 3 products I tried. First off I don’t think that I would be calling it a rich moisturizer. As someone with dry skin – this is more of a light moisturizer. But for a light moisturizer, it is really nice.
I like that it is scent free and absorbs relatively quickly. I wish it was more rich – but for the spring and summer weather I think will be perfect for my day cream. I also think that if you have sensitive skin (I do not) this would be a great moisturizer for you.