I love mascara – out of everything in my makeup collection mascara is the one thing I refuse to go without. I can even skip a shower or two!
I have said before and will say again, I am fortunate to have naturally long and thick lashes so will really try any mascara out there – usually I grab the ones on sale.
I picked up Rimmel’s Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara to give a try – and I have to say I am really disappointed with it.
According to Rimmel:
- Wide-eyed false lash look!
- Bold, wide-eyed false lash look.
- Hour-glass brush shaped to the lash line to plump lashes, fanning them up and out for bold, wide-eyed volume
- Coats lashes individually for a big, false lash look in one simple stroke. No clumps!
According to me:
- No clumps is not very true – I ended up with a lot
- The hour-glass brush was good to plump lashes but did not fan them out. I actually found it got them sticking together
- Started drying out really really fast
- The brush shape is awkward so I kept hitting my lash lid when trying to get to the very tips of my lashes
As a rule I like Rimmel products so I am surprised at how much I really don’t like Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara. Maybe it’s just me, but in my humble opinion this product is a total pass. There are better mascara’s on the market for the same price point.