I HATE reapplying my makeup … mostly because I only notice that
I need to reapply after I’ve probably gone HOURS looking like I got hit by a truck and dragged through a ditch.
I drink a lot of coffee, snack throughout the day and bite my lips – so lipstick is always disappearing shortly after I apply. When I was cruising through the store I saw the Maybelline Superstay 24 Color Lipstick and figured, what the heck let’s give it a go.
According to Maybelline
- No other long wearing lipstick lasts longer
- Micro-Flex formula glides on and looks gorgeous all day
- No crumbling, no caking, no fading, no feathering, no transferring
- 2-step lip color in one pack
- 30 long-lasting shades
- Apply the liquid lip color to your clean, bare lips. Allow a full two minutes to dry, then apply ultra-conditioning balm to seal in softness
- Remove with an oil-based makeup remover
According to me:
I don’t know if I’d call it so much a lipstick as a lip stains meets lip gloss, but maybe that’s just me. The color is nice and rich, and it is long lasting — but I wouldn’t go as far to say that it will last all day. By lunch it’s pretty much all off my face, so I’m confused by the claim you need a makeup remover to remove it.
What’s I do like is that it’s not drying and the attached balm is moisturizing. So for a long lasting lip color that isn’t drying this is one of the best. The only annoying part is waiting for it to dry!
Although it doesn’t’ t necessarily live up to all of its claims the Superstay 24 Color is still probably one of the best long lasting lip colors on the market today.